I’m back from the woods. I’ve barely looked at my pictures as I had work waiting for me at home. Here’s a quick log of what I did.
- 5/5/2010 – Got to the parking lot at TN91 at 5:30pm and hiked to Iron Mountain Shelter (4.1 miles)
- 5/6/2010 – Hiked from Iron Mountain Shelter to a campsite on Laurel Fork about .5 miles north of the falls (22.7 miles)
- 5/7/2010 – Hiked to Mountaineer Shelter (17.5 miles)
- 5/8/2010 – Hiked to US 19E (8.8 miles)
- 5/9/2010 – Hiked from Carver Gap to Overmountain Shelter (5 miles)
- 5/10/2010 – Hiked from Overmountain Shelter to US 19E (8.8 miles)
That really long day tore up my feet a bit, and I was out there for sightseeing since I had done the section before. I decided to take it easy over the last bit so that I wouldn’t be wrecked for days after I got home.
I met dozens of thru-hikers. I’m going to throw some names out in no particular order: Bimbo, Snack Attack, H2, Lift and Step, Nature’s Own, G-Hippie, Miles (Two of those), Salty, Achilles the Red, Sideshow, Country Gold, Ripple, Gypsy Lulu, Trashman, Dumpster Bear, Mountain Tattoo, Carvin, Tiny Dancer, Ugly Tuna, Wingin’ It, Lowrider, Squirrel, Sly. There’s a bunch more – maybe I’ll remember more names, and maybe I won’t.